When you face a neurological disease, time is often a driving factor in your treatment. That is why Sunway Medical Centre Velocity (SMCV) understands the need to provide fast, holistic treatment whether you have a stroke diagnosis or a traumatic brain injury.
The complexity of neurologic care requires the interaction of many health care professionals. From diagnosis to treatment to rehabilitation, patients can find a complete team of Neurologist, Neurosurgeon, Neuroradiologist, Neuro-ophthalmologist, Neuro-rehabilitation and others who specialize in treating neurological conditions and constitutes our Neurocentre (NC) team here in SMCV.
Our team works collaboratively with each patient to develop and individualized plan for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care.
- Treatment of diseases of the nervous system, such as Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, treatment and investigations of nervous system, and related disorders
- Nerve & Muscle disorder
- Treatment for Stroke such as Thrombolytic therapy
- Comprehensive treatment for all levels and stages of traumatic brain injury for adults and children
- Adult Stroke Vision Rehabilitation
At SMCV, our Velocity Neurocentre is backed by the best diagnostic equipment technology can offer including:-
- 3 Tesla MRI
- Stereotactic Image-guided Surgical Systems
- Catheterisation Lab for Cerebral Vascular imaging
- Neurosurgical microscopes for the precise location of brain tumours and safe removal of such lesions.
- Neurodiagnostic Lab (EEG, NCS, EMG, Ultrasound)
Neurology is a sub-specialty brand of medicine that deals with diseases related to the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscle. Our neurologists emphasize on getting accurate diagnosis based on detailed clinical history and physical examination. We endeavor to utilise, wherever possible, the latest and reliable neuroimaging as well as neurophysiological techniques for both diagnostics and treatment purposes.Read More >
Neurosurgery is a surgical specialty that addresses conditions affecting the central and peripheral nervous system. The central nervous system in humans comprises the brain, its exiting cranial nerves and spinal cord, whereas the spinal nerves arising from the cord and traveling out from there represent the peripheral nervous system. Additionally, Neurosurgery also addresses issues concerning the skull and spine, and dealing with them surgically.Read More >