What is Ophthalmology?
Ophthalmology represents the field of medicine that screens, diagnoses and manages medical and surgical diseases related to the eye. Ophthalmologist are board-certified, fully licensed medical doctors who handle eye screening and basic and advanced eye conditions.
Who and when should seek help?
Patients who require eye screening and any eye condition ranging from infection, trauma, blurring of vision, floaters, visual disturbances, abnormal eye movements, droopy eyelids, white pupil reflex and headache should see an Ophthalmologist. Should they have eye problems, patients are advised to see an Ophthalmologist as early as possible as most eye diseases if diagnosed early, have a good outcome.
Treatments and Procedures
- Comprehensive eye screening (inclusive of 3D testing, colour vision, advanced optical coherence tomography and Visual field testing)
- General Ophthalmology eye management
- Cataract management (Adult)
- Dry eyes
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Cataract surgery (premium and monofocal lenses)
- laser for diabetic eye disease and glaucoma,)
- lid injection for allergies (supratarsal injection)
- eye injections(intravitreal injections)
- surgery for pterygium
- tear duct and chalazion
- Eyelid surgery